'PJ´s ultrasound and contrasts confirmed he has a liver shunt possibly more than one. However his liver is very damaged and not sure why it is in such a bad condition. It is a possibility he may have ingested some toxin or poison living in the campo. He will have been exposed so many things that could explain this. His blood tests are giving conflicting results and he is beginning to retain fluid which is an sign of advanced liver failure.
However he is bright and alert' very curious' not running round like a crazy young puppy but pottering about and shows no sign of pain. His results were sent to the specialist in Valencia and they have asked to see him so we have an appointment on Thursday 30/5' they may do a CatScan .
It may be his liver is too far damaged. He has been on a cocktail of meds and specialist food to support it but it's got worse, not better. However I look at the puppy in front of me and he is happy and the only glimmer of hope I hold onto is if the liiver can regenerate, if we can find out what is causing the condition.
For now he is living in the house and enjoying all the comforts of home the sofa the bed, at least he is no longer out in a field.'